Adding parental control to Windows Vista is a great choice for parents who want to protect children from the less desirable side of computers. Adding computer parental control gives parents the ability to monitor actions on the system and block unwanted programs and websites.
Previous Windows operating systems did not have nearly as much parental control as Windows Vista does. Taking advantage of these computer parental controls puts the power back into the hands of parents.
- Click on “Start.”
- Select Control Panel, User Accounts and Family Safety.
- A new window will appear. Click on “Parental Controls.”
- To add Windows Vista Parental Controls select the desired username.
- Tip: To best protect the computer, each user should have a unique password
- The web filter allows Windows Vista to filter inappropriate web content. In these settings you can block websites and other web features that children should not access.
- Setting time limits for each user can save power and allow more control for parents. Time limits can be customized by the hours of day for each user.
- Controlling which games users can play is a feature very useful for parents. In this window you can add access to game as well as take access away.
- Blocking specific programs from users can be very handy as well. Block programs used for work and allow work programs only on the administrator login.
Computer parental controls make computers safer and prolong the life of them as well. Setting up strict web filters provides added assurance that malicious software such as spyware, adware, and trojans do not infect the computer. Users share the same hard drive which means issues on one account can affect other accounts. The reason why parental controls are so important is because children surf the web unaware of suspicious websites and subject the system to malicious software. The malicious software can infect all other accounts and slow down computers to a grinding halt. Parents assume the computer is slowing down due to old age when in fact the reason is an infected file or folder.
Add Windows Vista Parental controls to a computer to improve overall system security and prolong the life of any system. Adding Windows Vista Parental Controls is a great choice to make if many users access the same computer.